-
February 3rd, 2005, 01:17 AM
#1
HB Forum Owner
So after starting the draft three days ago we are still on pick #2 and have found we are or actually have a problem.
One thing everyone must realize is that everyone else has a different life and situation to work thru ... family, work or even just the ability to check internet through out the day can cause this draft to take longer than wanted or actully needed.
So .... ....
<font size="1">
1. I don't want to skip anyone in the draft because I just dont feel that its fair in any shape or form. Everyone has dedicated a large amount of time to this project as well as paid their funds to subscribe so taking away one of the key factors of the league in the form of a draft would be wrong in my eye's.
2. With that said a deadline or timeline is really useless and I think we are only at a stand still because VANCOUVER doesnt know the draft has started. As long as each GM knows the draft has started I see no reason the speed will increase because 99% of the GM's here check their teams at least once a day which means they can check their pick status as well.
3. I do ask that if you are going to be away for the weekend or anything over a day and you know your pick is coming up just send me an email with your selections.
If your pick is 10 away then send me a list of your top ten picks and I will take care of it for you so we dont get behind to much ...
[email protected]
i know many want a timeline or a deadline placed within the draft but I dont think its fair or needed as long as each GM knows that the draft is happening
</font>
.................
Any thoughts
-
February 3rd, 2005, 02:51 AM
#2
Inactive Member
I agree 100%. I'm totally fine with a deadline, but before instituting it we have to make sure everyone knows about it. Livermore is probably unaware the draft has started so doing anything other than waiting for him is unacceptable.
-
February 3rd, 2005, 03:32 AM
#3
HB Forum Owner
-
February 3rd, 2005, 05:11 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Agreed. I also thought the draft wasn't starting until the 8th. Give him till then and then run as FT suggested.
-
February 3rd, 2005, 03:37 PM
#5
HB Forum Owner
question is on the 8th do we skip him and his pick or do i replace him and his team with someone else that agrees to subscribe and take his picks as is?
-
February 3rd, 2005, 04:12 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Im all about people getting a fair chance But The longer the draft takes the More infrequency people are gonna log in I believe. There has to be a fair Balance so that people in the other partsd of the world dont get Hosed over either.
At this rate The draft will still be being conducted well into june maybe July? How many people will be logging in by then. It probably wouldnt be any eiser to get people into a chat room.
-
February 3rd, 2005, 04:23 PM
#7
Inactive Member
So how long are we going to wait then? He could be on a 2 week vacation or stuck in a hospital bed for 2 months.
-
February 3rd, 2005, 04:47 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Well, in all fairness, we do need to give him until at least the 8th of February, which was the initial starting date given by FT. He may have gone on holiday but known he'd be back before the 8th.
-
February 3rd, 2005, 06:14 PM
#9
Inactive Member
So we're going to wait til the 8th just to find out he's still absent?
-
February 3rd, 2005, 08:02 PM
#10
Inactive Member
Would have to be the 9th to skip him, I believe - because then he should know that the draft has indeed started. He had logged in when the messgae went out about the 8th.
IF he were to become skipped I think he should be compensaited. By it extra picks, cash, moving his next pick forward for every space that he is skipped, or wahtever.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks